Since ages physical activity is considered good for human health and is a source of building personality. Today, it also depicts National pride and prestige. Government, both national and international supports the promotion of sports and has put forward various programmes which promote this field and also coaching centre and expose the players to competition. Here are some of the sports related achievements and failures in current affairs of 2010, the sport personalities in picture and more.
Sports Current Affairs 2010:
- Cricket : Rumors had it that cricket had been removed from the 2014 Asian Games because Olympic Committee had decided to keep maximum of 35 games in the event. However these rumors were false as OCA recently confirmed that cricket and Karate are two confirmed sports in the non Olympic events.
- Racing: The recent popular sport personality Fernando Alonso of Ferrari because of his recent achievements was expected to be the possible winner of the Abu Dhabi Grand pix but to the surprise of many the title slipped from his hand to that of Vettel, considered being the youngest Formula 1 Champion in history of F1 racing. He is just 23 years old.
- Football: Chelsea again lost against Birmingham city. This is the third defeat out of the four matches Chelsea played, losing quite a number of fans. This win by Manchester United helped the team rank up in the English Premier League. Great achievement.
- Tennis: The two outstanding sport personalities Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer continue holding their position in ATF rankings as number one and number two, while Kim Clijtsers has fallen to the number three position in WTA rankings followed by Serena Williams.
- Tennis: The great super sports personality Saina Nehwal wins the open series of Hong Kong. her record is far above any other female player
- Cricket: the favorite of all and the much devoted sports personality Sachin Tendulkar Scored 50 centuries in second innings of first test match against South Africa. He scored in 196 balls, an awesome score of 12 fours and 1 six. Since the team had lost in the first innings, this was a great victory.
- Football: The two outstanding sport personalities Rafael Nadal and Roger Fedrer continue to hold their rankings as number one and number two in ATP, on the other hand Kim clijsters fell to the third position in WTA rankings followed by Serena Williams.
Above are given some of the sports current affairs 2010 with the achievements and losses of some great sport personalities.